Thursday, 6 July 2017

Osinbajo vows Nigeria will sustains Maitama Sule's dream of one Nigeria

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo Thursday in Kano  pledged to sustained the unity of one Nigeria as exemplified by late DanMasanin Kano,  Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule.
Prof. Osinbajo who described the late Diplomat "as bridge builder who fought profoundly for political and human development of the country"  stressed that  the vacuum left behind by the former Nigeria permanent representative to United Nations would be difficult to fill.
The acting president was in Kano on a condolence visit to the family and relatives of late Maitama Sule at his private residence said the deceased lived "a life of simplicity and humility despite his worth of wisdom that command global respect."
Osinbajo stated " I can tell you that it is difficult to find a role model and rare gem in this country but I have the privilege to let you know that Alhaji Maitama Sule is my role model and a rare Nigeria I will personality like to emulate."

He further said " My visit is not only in my capacity as acting president, but I am here as the son of late late DanMasanin Kano. I met this great man for the first time in my life when I was 15 years old, later during my university days as lecturer and later at the Aso-Rock in Abuja. "
Osinbajo lamented that " Kano will truly missed an illustrious son and Nigeria will also miss a great Nationalist. For me I will rather want to celebrate instead of mourning. I actually received a call when he was being taken to Cairo for treatment but it is sad that was the last I would hear about him".
Speaking earlier, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje told the acting president that the late Maitama Sule lived all his life in a mud house in the city after serving the nation meritoriously before moved into the present family house some 15 years ago.

The acting president in the company of governor Ganduje had earlier paid homage to emir of Kano Mal. Muhammadu Sanusi at his palace to condole him over the demise of Kano foremost son.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...